In addition to moisturize the skin with creams, to avoid having always dry, it is important to drink plenty of water, so as to nourish it from the inside. We recommend that you drink at least two liters a day.
Dry skin is a frequent problem at any time of life. However, it presents more frequently after age 40 and in winter.
In today’s article, we explain how to treat this skin problem naturally …
Dry skin: How to say goodbye?
There are various factors that dry the skin. This condition may be due to genetic predisposition, environment or climate, excessive cleaning or use of certain products.
If you have this problem, keep in mind the following advice:
1. Moisturize everyday
You can buy a special cream for your skin type; you will have to apply every day, if possible, several times a day.
It’s no use to apply an excessive layer of cream one day and then not moisturize the skin for a week. It is essential to use it every day, at least in the morning and evening.
- For discordance, leave the cream on the night.
- To increase the level of hydration, it would be good to apply the cream after washing your face or after a shower (when the skin is still damp).
- Do not forget that it is always best to apply it by tapping on the face to avoid irritating the area.
2. Wash your face with warm water
When you return home from work or the gym, when you wash your face in the morning or you put yourself to bed, always do it with warm water.
In this way, the pores will relax and the skin does not dry up even further. The hot water is not good, because it irritates the dermis and deprives the skin of moisture.
This is also true with regard to shower. If you use too much hot water (for example, in winter), you should then wash your face with cold water.
3. Exfoliate gently
It is wrong to believe that those who have dry skin does not need to exfoliate. This technique is used to remove dead cells and cleanse the pores, so it is effective for any type of face.
You have to remember, though, that many of the products on sale may worsen your condition. Therefore, in addition to verifying that the product is of good quality, do not forget to be soft and moisturized skin after exfoliation.
You may also like to read: How to care for dry skin of the face
4. Wipe it dry carefully
After the shower, it’d better skin to dry by itself. If the idea you do not like, be careful all you use.
- It should be cotton or a delicate material.
- No need to rub the skin, but rather dab it for 20 seconds.
- You can also use a soft cloth.
5. Drink plenty of water
It is very important to moisturize the skin from within to make these changes flexibility and elasticity.
- Thanks to the water, you can eliminate toxins that dry out and, at the same time, help transport nutrients to the cells.
- If your skin is too dry, you should drink at least 2 liters of water a day. You can take it with tea or smoothies.
6. Protect your skin with Vaseline
People who know that excessively dry skin gets worse in the winter because of space heating, wind, low temperatures and snow.
So that you can preserve the skin’s natural moisture longer, you can apply a little Vaseline before you leave home.
7. Eat healthily
Just like the water, even the fruit and raw vegetables moisturize the skin; Also, they bring nutrients and vitamins that improve health in general.
Try to drink at least 2 servings of fruit and 2 of vegetables a day, always in season.
Among the best are:
- The watermelon
- The apples
- The chard
8. Wash your face with milk
Many creams on the market contain milk. This is because it is a cleaning agent and a natural moisturizer more than effective.
- To apply, first of all, wash your face well.
- Then Soak a cotton ball in milk and pat it dry on the skin.
- This will not only avoid the irritation and moisturize the skin, but also will reduce the redness and flaking.
It is better to use whole milk, because it contains more lactic acid, fat and lipids.
9. Reduce your intake of salt and fat
Convenience foods not only make you fat and cause cholesterol, but also dehydrate the body and dry the skin.
- Limit consumption of salty foods, fried or with caffeine.
- Also avoid drinking too much alcohol or sodas.
10. Do not smoke
Tobacco has many harmful effects on health. One of these is related to the skin.
- This is because the cigarettes contain tar, which clogs pores and causes the appearance of pimples and dry skin.
- Also hamper breathing and deprive the cells of oxygen.
- What’s more, the smoke burns stores of vitamin C.