Interested to know why underarm stains appear and you can do to prevent them? Do not miss the information offered by this article.
What are the causes of their appearance?
Perhaps the armpits are a part of the body to which we do not pay too much attention but when summer comes and we want to show off our clothes tops or bathing suits look more into them.
And that is when we can see that they have appeared underarm stains that can make us feel uncomfortable.
Let’s look at some of the causes that can cause the appearance of stains on the armpits:
- Shave the hair: Shaving is not the best option to remove underarm hair as the hairs are cut just below the skin and if you have a dark hair appear to our armpits are darker than it should.
- Accumulation of dead cells: Dead cells, if not eliminated properly, they can also be the cause of the stains on the armpits.
- Irritation: The underarm skin is very sensitive and easily irritated. Irritated skin produces more melanin causing a darkening of the area.
- Excessive use of deodorants and antiperspirants: These products often contain alcohol and other substances that can influence the appearance of spots in the armpits.
- Sweat: Armpits are almost always covered which influence the sweating. Excessive sweating can cause the appearance of dark spots.
- Hormonal factors: It is common hormonal activity, for example, during pregnancy permits release of excessive pigmentation the armpits and other body parts.
What can we do to prevent stains on the armpits?
Following these simple tips will help us to prevent the appearance of unsightly stains under the arms:
- Best performing waxing, so the hair root and leaves underarms will be much clearer. If we cannot avoid shaving is best done after a shower. Avoid creams depilatory.
- It is advisable to wear cotton clothes and loose as possible so we will not touch on that area.
- Control our weight if the arms are flabby excess influence due to rubbing of skin against skin, darkening of the area.
- Use natural deodorants, such as Alum.
How do we remove?
For if despite everything we have already appeared underarm stains can draw on some of these tips will be useful for us to remove them or at least clarify:
o Exfoliate: As we have seen darkening underarms can be caused by the accumulation of dead cells, to eliminate any better than a good exfoliation that can make preparing ourselves exfoliating cream products that we usually have in the kitchen, such as sugar: prepare a paste with brown sugar and olive oil and apply on wet skin and leave on two minutes. Use a couple of times a week.
o Hydrate: Good hydration is critical, seek to use natural products such as, aloe vera.
o Using a natural bleaching agent: It can be very effective to eliminate or reduce underarm stains. We can use potato slices, cucumber or lemon, which rub on the area.
We can also prepare a paste that will help us fight dark spots.
- Two tablespoons of milk.
- A teaspoon of curd.
- A teaspoon of chickpea flour.
- A pinch of turmeric powder.
We will make a dough with all the ingredients that will apply in the armpits and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
If despite all the dark underarm persists it may be wise to consult with a dermatologist to rule out possible problems.