You want to know remedies for sore throat? This article talks about this annoying problem and what are the best natural remedies.
What is sore throat?
For sore throat it is understood that slight swelling with redness of the throat often seen with the naked eye and is accompanied by discomfort in the area. Usually very common in cold seasons or sudden temperature changes, especially among children. It also called stinging or burning throat.
Causes of sore throat
The sore throat is caused by various reasons and can be acute, i.e. short and in a timely manner, or chronic with periods of more than three weeks and repetitive. In the latter case you should seek medical advice as it may indicate a bad worse, especially if you are a smoker.
The main causes of sore throat are…
- The snuff.
- Sleeping with his mouth open.
- Suffer from gastric reflux.
- Talking excessively loud.
- Postnasal drip (it is a major cause of cough).
- Being in a very dry environment or air conditioners.
- Drinking a liquid too hot or too cold drink.
- Breathing air long (smoke snuff or cars, etc.).
- Severe allergic reactions to dust mites, pet hair, dust, pollen, etc.
- By viral or bacterial infections (in this case treatments should be others).
Remedies for sore throat
These natural remedies for sore throat you can be useful:
- Herbal medicine for a sore throat: Add a tablespoon of dried chamomile flowers in a cup of water previously heated at a tolerable point and use to gargle as often as needed.
- Homeopathy for sore throat: Argentum, Belladonna, Hepar sulfur, kali carb, Nitric acid. Although homeopathy works best with personalized treatment.
- Poultice for sore throat: We add a tablespoon of dried chamomile leaves in a quart of boiling water and let boil about five minutes. After standing at a tolerable temperature, soak a cloth, wring out and apply on the neck and removed when the cloth cool. Applied several times a day.
Remedies for sore throat home
The following remedies for sore throat home will help you feel better:
- Drink about 1.5 or 2 liters of water to hydrate the tissues of the throat.
- The lemon and orange juices help alleviate, though a bit escuezan input.
- Squeeze a lemon, mix it with a large glass of warm water and add one or two tablespoons of honey.
- Pour a teaspoon of table salt in a pint of water and gargle every hour or so.
Nutrition for sore throat
Nutrition for sore throat passes first to avoid spicy foods in your diet and of course irritants in general. While some like honey and oranges and lemons then have a soothing effect. Also avoid alcohol and foods too fat.
Foods you should include in your diet are:
- Oranges and lemons: Vitamin C has antiseptic and antibacterial properties despite the initial sting.
- Garlic and onions: Unbleached are antibacterial and mucolytics, so add to the diet to relieve sore throat pretty good salad with onion and garlic.
- Honey: Honey has a sedative for the discomfort of inflammation of the area action, it is also anti-tussive and softening the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract if these symptoms.
If sore throat is accompanied by other symptoms you may be dealing with a cold. In that case it is best to treat it and not a symptom. We recommend that you look in the section “Diseases” in the section “Respiratory diseases” article “The cold” where you will find natural remedies and tricks to deal with this problem.