Dark circles are today an aesthetic problem rather than health, this article gives tips that will help prevent and eliminate the annoying dark circles.
What are dark circles?
Dark circles are discoloration of the skin under the eyelids and may be constitutional. They look like a blue or dark brown stain on the eyelid area where the skin is more delicate, thin and sensitive than the rest of the body.
In most cases the circles represent an aesthetic problem because they give an impression of tired eyes or sad.
Dark circles can be classified as casual or temporary, which tend to disappear in a short time and caused or permanent. The latter are the most damaging to self-image because they are difficult to treat.
Causes of dark circles
Dark circles are suffered both women and men, although women may give more importance. There is no single culprit cause of dark circles. The most common causes are:
- Circulatory system: the bluish color of dark circles to dilated blood vessels due.
- Age: age dark circles also become more visible.
- Diseases: allergies, heart, kidney ailments and generally poor health.
- Hormonal changes: menstruation and pregnancy favor the appearance of dark circles.
- Stress: the pace of modern life can lead to a more pronounced dark circles.
- Genetic inheritance: most experts seem to agree that there is a hereditary component that determines the appearance of dark circles.
Anemia, poor health, lack of sleep, poor circulation, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, menstrual disorders, excessive consumption of fried, frozen, canned, peanuts, beans and salads would be among the main causes of dark circles according to Dr. Raichur.
The sun, fatigue or lack of sleep are not direct triggers of dark circles although it is known that the worse because more visible.
How to remove dark circles with natural remedies
To combat occasional dark circles, the first step is to try to activate blood and lymphatic circulation to decongestant the area. For this we have the following natural remedies:
- Bags of chamomile: the chamomile tea is prepared and allowed to cool. Two cotton dipped in tea, and applied to closed eyelids for 5-10 minutes. Also you can directly apply cold chamomile teabags if they are storing in the refrigerator.
- Potatoes: Wash medium potato, remove the peel and cut a couple of thin slices and the size of the eyes. Apply to closed eyelids for 10 minutes.
- Cucumber: put half a cucumber in the fridge so that it is cold at the time of the application. Cut into slices and leave over closed eyes for 10 minutes. For its refreshing action, cucumber is an effective aid to combat dark circles.
Treatment to remove dark circles
Ayurvedic medicine provides a effective treatment regimens to combat dark circles and unwanted, so Dr. collected. Raichur in his book “Absolute beauty” (see bibliography)
- Lie on an inclined board with his feet elevated for 5-10 minutes.
- Soak cotton balls in cold milk, rosewater, fig juice or crushed mint juice and apply over closed eyes for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply crushed mint leaves around the eyes with saffron or almond oil before bedtime.
- Perform daily exercises flashing and cover your eyes with your palms.
- Ons: Take 2-4 g of ginseng daily before lunch and dinner.
- Sleep adequate hours to get proper rest and, if possible up to mouth fluids are redistributed evenly.
- Avoid sun exposure if you are taking hormones.
- Protect facial skin with a sunscreen.
- Wear hats to protect the eye area from sunlight.
- Wear sunglasses especially in summer so that the eyelid muscles are not forced to overwork.
- Healthy diet.
- Ons: a capsule of vitamin K a day helps strengthen capillary walls, preventing inflammation.